Here is a cute craft my Sunday school class made to go with the story of Jesus’ baptism from the Jesus Storybook Bible.
This little dove is made using just three shapes: a circle, a square, and a triangle.
- White Paper
- Yellow Paper
- Black Crayon or Marker
1. Trace around the CD onto the white paper.
2. Cut out the circle.
3. Cut a rectangle out of white paper. (Cutting a piece of copy paper into fourths is a great size.)
4. Fold the circle in half.
5. Accordion fold the rectangle.
6. Cut a small triangle out of the yellow paper.
7. Make a small slit in the middle of the circle near the top (folded edge).
8. Slide the accordion folded paper through the slit to make the wings.
9. Glue the yellow triangle to one end of the circle, near the folded edge, for the beak.
10. Draw an eye on both sides of the dove.
My Sunday school class really enjoyed this craft and I hope it will help them remember the story of Jesus’ baptism.