Well, this has been an interesting week. Just when I thought my garden couldn’t be any more pathetic and flooded, we got a ton of rain on Monday.
This is how my garden looked most of the week.
It has looked so pathetic that I decided not to write my weekly garden update. I have never had it flood like this. I have lost quite a few plants, but I am thankful that our house didn’t flood. (Looking on the bright side of things always helps. 🙂 )
By Monday afternoon our road was so flooded and my husband had a little bit of trouble getting home from work.
The kids and I decided to walk down to the
river creek to get a closer look. The water was moving very swiftly and by morning it was within its banks again.
It hasn’t all been about the flooding this week. We also celebrated the 4th of July (and my dad’s birthday) with a cookout at our house. We had a fun time.
We have also been working on 4-H projects and that has meant my time for blogging was almost non-existent this week.
The projects are due next Saturday, and Julia will have to have her sewing project ready by Thursday for the fashion revue. We are on the home stretch!
Picture of the Week
I know I already shared two pictures with you, but this next picture is my favorite of the week.
I love it when my kids get along. 🙂 Janna loves her big brother “Jase” (She can’t seem to say “James” properly yet.)
When I snapped this picture Janna was trying to go to sleep while James held her. So sweet!
Links I Loved
- I used to think that my husband was implying that I didn’t do anything while he was at work when he would ask me what I did that day. I should have told him “I changed the world today.” because that is what being a parent is all about…changing the world one child at a time. (via Lisa Jo Baker)
- If you would like to make a quilt but think it would be too hard or time consuming then you might want to try this fat quarter quilt. (via New Green Mama)
- As a mom of 3 boys I am always looking for ways to harness their creative energies. That’s why I love this list of 20+ unplugged ideas for keeping tween boys busy. (via Frugal Fun for Boys)
- This backyard Jenga game made from 2×4’s is something I think would be lots of fun for outdoor parties or just for fun outside whenever (hint, hint to my woodworking men). (via Full Hands, Full Hearts)
- Gluten-free bread is so pricey at the store and doesn’t taste all that great. I am looking forward to trying this recipe for homemade hearty gluten-free bread. (via Frugal Granola)
Well, that about does it for this week. How was your week?