This week marked the end of my first year of parenting a teenager.
I remember feeling a very slight sense of worry when my oldest turned 13 last year.
Would I be able to parent a teenager and a toddler at the same time?
Would my sweet, loving “little girl” still be sweet and loving during her teen years?
How did the years fly by so fast?
While I still have 18 years left of parenting teens, and I am nowhere near an expert after one year, I am happy to report that I am actually enjoying being the mom of a teenager.
Julia is one of the most helpful, level-headed, all around awesome young ladies I know and I am thankful God entrusted her into my care 14 years ago.
I pray that God will see us through the teen years and that we will come out on the other side as close as we are now.
Picture of the Week
Speaking of that teenager of mine, here she is right before she blew out her candles. She actually had a tough time blowing them out and I for a second thought maybe my husband had replaced the regular candles with trick ones. 🙂
Links I Loved
- I read so many romance novels as a teen that I thought love and marriage were supposed to be like a fairy tale. However, I am thankful for my “boring love story“. (via Lisa-Jo Baker)
- Sometimes we can get so wrapped up in to-do lists and outside commitments that we don’t know whether we are coming or going. I love this message of “do less and be more“. (via Chatting at the Sky)
- Raising children to not conform to the ways of the world can be hard. I want to teach my children to not be just like everyone else and to stay weird. (via Giving Up on Perfect)
- Do you ever wonder if you are following the right rules as a parent? What are the rules anyway? Parenting, as well as our faith, is really all about relationships. (via Inspired to Action)
- I have never thought being a mother was like being a firefighter, but I love the analogy to “mother like a firefighter“. (via Mom Heart)
My Posts This Week
- 10 Zucchini Recipes
- Garden Update & Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Summer Reading: Sign of the Beaver
- Summer Bucket List: Attend the County Fair