I’m a day late posting this because we had some strong storms sweep through the area yesterday and I kept the computer off most of the day.
Last Saturday I told you about getting ready for the fair. I am very proud of how hard Julia and James worked on their projects.
James got all blue ribbons on his woodworking, Legos, and electricity.
Julia got a blue on her arts & crafts, champion on her child development, and grand champion on her sewing. She gets to go to the state fair for both child development and sewing.
Their hard work totally paid off. 🙂
We did get quite a bit of exercise this week with cross country conditioning (Julia runs on the high school team and my brother is the coach.), swimming, and starting the couch to 5K program (Julia & I).
I knew I was out of shape, but I didn’t realize that 8 minutes of jogging interspersed with walking would be so draining. Oh, to be in the shape I was in while in high school…Anyone else feel that way?
Picture of the Week
Joshua and Joseph were so cute playing nicely together with some felt race tracks I had made years ago (I need to get a tutorial up for those sometime soon.), and I wanted to capture the moment. They don’t always play nicely, but I know they love each other.
Links I Loved
- Summertime and watermelon go hand in hand and the next time I purchase one I am going to use this method for cutting a watermelon. (via Mama Say What?)
- If anyone who knows me in real life has Altoid tins they are willing to save for me I would be so grateful because I would love to make some of the crafts in this Altoid tin craft roundup post. (via Ucreate)
- Just when you think you’ve heard all of the parenting advice you can handle, read this. (via Sara Mae)
- You know the old phrase “monkey see, monkey do”, well it applies to parenting, too. Give Them Something Great to Imitate. (via Money Saving Mom)
- Do you sometimes feel like you’re spiraling further and further down the rabbit hole when you are on social media sites like Facebook or Pinterest? Well, “social media should feed your soul. If it doesn’t, it’s time to make a change.” (via Work Your Way)
My Posts This Week
- Striped Pillow from T-shirt Scraps
- My Garden This Week: Refrigerator Pickles (recipe and photo tutorial)
- Summer Bucket List: Check out Books at the Library