After such a busy week last week, this week was much calmer. We did get out a few times to run errands, go to cross country conditioning, and go to the library.
We also got to visit my husband at work on Thursday and eat lunch with him. While we were in the town where he works the girls and I used the gift certificates he got us for a beauty day.
Julia and I got manicures, scalp massages, and a wash & style while Janna just got her nails painted. It was not something I am accustomed to doing and I chipped the polish on a few nails even before we even made it home.
However, it was a lot of fun to get to do something special with my girls while my boys got to hang out with their daddy at work.
Picture of the Week
Here we are after our beauty treatments. Julia got her hair curled and I got mine straightened. It was funny because my hair is naturally curly and Julia’s is stick straight. 🙂
Janna has been going around saying, “pretty nails” and showing everyone her fingernail polish. So cute!
Links I Loved
- I have several natural cleaning recipes that I use, but this list of 67 homemade all-natural cleaning recipes is a great resource for those looking to use green cleaning methods instead of traditional cleaners. (via Keeper of the Home)
- Purchasing organic produce at the grocery store is usually not within my budget. That’s why I loved this post about conventional produce and why we shouldn’t fear the apple. (via The Finer Things in Life)
- I have been on the lookout for some new allergy safe recipes to try and I think these raw cookie dough bites will fit the bill. (via The Nourishing Home)
- This post on what to do when your temper scares you is something I would encourage every parent to read who feels frustrated with their kids sometimes. (via Lisa-Jo Baker)
- My good friend Cherie shared a recipe for a delicious and easy BLT dip that I am looking forward to trying. She had me at bacon. 😉 (via Queen of Free)
Well, that about does it for this week. What’s new with you?