I hope you had a great week. We sure did. Even though we have had some rain, we also had some beautiful days to be outside and soak up the sunshine.
Thanks to those beautiful days I started planting the garden a couple of days ago. So far I have planted 12 sweet potato plants, 13 broccoli plants, 8 cabbage plants, 4 dill plants, and 16 tomato plants.
I am hopeful to get peppers and all of my seeds in the ground this coming week if the rain will hold off for a few days.
This leads me to my picture of the week.
Picture of the Week
The kids, especially the little ones, were a big help in the garden. There is nothing quite like playing in the mud and dirt to improve everyone’s moods. 🙂
The planting of the garden also means that I will start my weekly garden update posts. It is always fun to record how my garden looks each week and then look back at the end of the season at how much it changed.
Links I Loved
This week’s links are all about mothers because tomorrow is Mother’s Day and well, I’m a mom. 🙂 For those of you who aren’t mothers, being a part of a child’s life is still an important job no matter whether you are an aunt, uncle, grandparent, or friend.
- Last year I wrote about embracing the joys of motherhood. Sometimes I am still in awe that God chose me to mother these 5 children of mine.
- The video “You are mighty, because you mother.” is very powerful and worth watching. (via Lisa-Jo Baker)
- I loved these 10 tips for becoming a yes mom because we probably all need to say yes a little more. (via The Happy Housewife)
- Do you ever feel desperate and wish you had more patience with your children? If so, you might want to read “Patience on the Journey of Motherhood Holds Great Rewards”. (via (In)Courage)
- Sometimes we mothers get tired. Check out the “Tired Mother’s Creed” for those days when you need some encouragement. (via Lisa-Jo Baker)
- I am just beginning the “parenting teens phase” and I will have many years ahead. Even if you aren’t a parent of teens it never hurts to be prepared, so check out this post on parenting teens. I have told Julia to use me as an excuse before and I was glad to know this is a good idea. (via Simple Mom)
That about does it for this week. I hope all you mothers have a great Mother’s Day.
As for me, I never get excited about Mother’s Day. Yes, I enjoy honoring my own mother, but I don’t care if my family does anything special for me. I am just happy I get to celebrate every day with my 5 blessings because there was a time I didn’t know if we would have more than 1.