“Another year older, another year wiser” is what they say, right? I’m hoping that the wiser part is true and that I don’t actually start feeling any older after celebrating a birthday this week.
My dad posted a couple of pictures on Facebook of the two of us together when I was MUCH younger. I thought you might get a kick out of seeing them, too.
This picture was taken when I was only a few weeks old.
This second picture was taken when I was about 22 months old (The same age as Janna.).
It’s fun to look at these old pictures and to show them to my children. Time seems to be going so much faster the older I get.
I want to make sure I am not so busy that I forget to enjoy my family right now because too soon all I will have to remind me of how little they were are pictures.
Maybe that’s why I have been making an effort these past 2 years to take more pictures.
This week’s picture of the week was taken last night. My oldest three children had a lot of fun playing Rummy with their dad. My job was to keep Janna from trying to grab all of the cards.
We did have a good week and I am looking forward to what is in store for us next week.
I did get to read some good posts this week that I wanted to share with you.
- Due to the drought we didn’t harvest as many potatoes from our garden as I had hoped last year. Yet, it was still awesome to get as many as we did. Maybe this year I will try planting potatoes in a potato tower.
- If meal planning gets you down here are 10 tips for better meal planning that are sure to help.
- Do you ever get fooled by food product labeling? Here are two posts by 100 Days of Real Food that will keep you from being fooled. Misleading Food Product Roundup 1 and Misleading Food Product Roundup 2
- While we’re on the subject of food, here’s a list of 17 homemade spice mixes you can make to cut down on unnecessary ingredients in your diet.
- Do you feel like you are always in survival mode as you go through the daily tasks of taking care of your home and family? This post from the Marathon Mom might be just the encouragement you need to not just survive but to thrive.
What have you been reading this week?