Good evening! I’m sorry I have been pretty much MIA here for the past couple of weeks. I want to assure you it isn’t because I have been sitting around eating bon-bons and watching soap operas. 😉
No, we had a stomach bug that hit everyone but Julia. It took all of us at least 5 days before we felt normal again. It was something I don’t wish to repeat anytime soon.
A few hours after I wrote my last week in review post 2 weeks ago, James woke up in the middle of the night and got sick. That lasted pretty much 12 hours. I followed on Tuesday and Janna started in the middle of the night Tuesday/Wednesday. Joshua got sick on Thursday and Joseph last Saturday. JT was sick as well but had it mild enough that he was able to still work.
Needless to say, I am over winter. I knew I would be tested when I made joyful my word for the year. However, I am not going to let sickness steal my joy. Thanks to prayer I haven’t felt overwhelmed. God has been with us every step of the way.
The good news is that everyone is starting to gain back the weight they lost, even James who lost 10 pounds between the flu and stomach flu during January and February.
On Valentine’s Day it was a little warmer and my boys had the energy to play outside for a little while. Their laughter and rambunctiousness was music to my ears.
Considering that I didn’t even really get on the computer for most of last week, I haven’t read as many blog posts or articles as I normally do. Still, there are a few links I wanted to share with you today.
- My friend, the Queen of Free, entrusted me with her move from Blogger to WordPress and allowed me to redesign her website. I am so excited with the way it turned out and I am glad she is as well. She even posted a video walk through of her new site that I recommend checking out.
- My husband usually gets poison ivy every year so you can bet I will be printing out this list of natural poison ivy remedies from Frugal Granola.
- I will definitely be using this idea of putting transparent tape on the bottom of my presser foot when I sew vinyl or plastic. Brilliant!
- This pin didn’t have a link but I liked the idea of using a jar of water in my deep freezer to detect if the freezer has failed or the power has gone out when we aren’t home.
- Did you know that you can paint vinyl floors? I didn’t but I am loving this tutorial from View Along the Way.
Also, be sure to check out this week’s Bundle of the Week ebooks.
From homemade toiletries to homeopathic remedies, this collection of natural living ebooks will help you make healthy, natural products at home…and save money in the process. Get all 5 ebooks for only $7.40 (a savings of over 80%) for one week only.
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting this site.