When I chose the word joyful to be our focus for the year I knew there would be times that would challenge my ability to be joyful. This week was my first real “test”.
James, my 10 year old, was quite sick. He pretty much didn’t leave his room from last Saturday evening until Wednesday evening with the exception of bathroom breaks and baths.
Janna has been congested, hasn’t slept well, and has been a little irritable. Joshua has had a bad cold as well.
All of this has meant I haven’t had as much sleep this week as I would have liked. However, I am going to focus on the positives.
I do not work outside of the home so I didn’t have to miss work to take care of my children, and my children’s illnesses are/were temporary.
So, while I wish my kids never had to get sick, I am thankful that they are on the mend.
Now I want to share my favorite picture of the week.
When James was feeling better on Thursday he was doing a little writing. Janna wanted me to get her a pencil and paper so that she could be just like her big brother. She kept looking over at him to make sure she was doing it right.
Today I also want to share links to some articles I have read recently that I think you might enjoy, too.
- I don’t want to raise a good child by Lysa Terkeurst really resonated with me. I have one child who reminds me of her daughter.
- 5 Strategies to Help Your Husband & Kids Transition to Real Food had some great ideas for implementing changes to your diet when your family might not be excited about change.
- You can find hand written lists all over my kitchen and, according to Secrets to Goal-Setting Success, crossing items off of a list is a good way to meet your goals.
- 7 Foods to Avoid not only lists foods we should avoid, but it gives examples of healthier alternatives.
- I am looking forward to trying this Easy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe because it doesn’t involve rolling out pie crust.
Speaking of food, the Bundle of the Week books for this week are all about food.
Because dinnertime can be stressful and challenging for busy families, this week BundleoftheWeek.com is offering five ebooks packed full of more than 125 easy recipes that are delicious and satisfying but don’t require a lot of prep time! Get everything from delicious slow cooker meals and main dish salads to crowd-pleasing comfort foods for only $7.40 (a savings of over 70%) for one week only.
With your purchase, you’ll get all five of the following ebooks:
- Crock On! by Stacy Myers
- 20-Minute Meals by Leigh Ann Dutton
- Feast in 15 by Tiffany King
- Got Dinner? by Susan Heid
- Eat This by Renee Tougas
I hope you had a great week!
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting this site.