It is officially the Christmas season and that means that my Sunday school class will be doing crafts to help them remember the story of Jesus’ birth.
This past Sunday we read about how the angel Gabriel told Mary the good news that she would give birth to a son and that she was to name him Jesus.
There are several good storybook Bibles available for children, but my favorite is The Jesus Storybook Bible (affiliate link). I highly recommend it for anyone with young children.
To help the children remember the angel giving Mary the good news we made these cute toilet paper roll angels.
Here is how we made this simple craft.
- Empty Toilet Paper Tube
- White Construction Paper
- Markers or Crayons
- Yellow or Gold Pipe Cleaner
- Tape or Glue
1. Cut a piece of white construction paper to fit around the toilet paper roll.
2. Tape or glue the paper to the toilet paper roll. (I found transparent tape worked best.)
3. Trace and cut out your child’s handprints from white construction paper.
4. Tape the handprints to the back of the toilet paper roll.
5. Cut the yellow pipe cleaner in half and form a circle at one end to serve as a halo.
6. Tape the pipe cleaner to the back of the toilet paper roll.
7. Draw a face on the front of the toilet paper roll.
8. (Optional) Make your angel fly. 😉
Janna kept saying “flap, flap” when she was making her angel fly.
Just on a side note, I have typed “angle” so many times it isn’t even funny. 🙂
Here is another angel craft we have made before if you would like another idea to try.
If you want to see more of my Sunday school crafts please click the link below.
This post contains an affiliate link. Thank you for supporting this site.