Today I want to share the craft my Sunday school class made for day 7 of creation. Genesis 2:2-3
I had debated about ending the book with day 6, but I decided I needed to come up with some way for the kids to remember that on the 7th day God rested. Since the kids all sleep in a bed that is what I thought would make the most sense to these little ones.
I pre-cut all of the pieces for this craft, but you could certainly have older children cut them out themselves.
I love how not every child makes crafts the same way.
If you would like to make this craft here is what you will need to do.
- Black Construction Paper
- White Construction Paper
- Brown Construction Paper
- Purple Construction Paper
- White Crayon
- Glue Stick
- Pen or Marker
- Cut a rectangle from the brown paper that is about 3-4 inches long. Cut two small rectangles as well. This will serve as a bed frame.
- Cut a small rectangle and an oval from the white paper. The rectangle will be a pillow and the oval will be to write the word “Rest” on.
- Use the purple paper to make a rectangle to serve as a blanket.
- Glue the brown rectangles to the black paper so that the two small rectangles are under the large rectangle.
- Glue the white rectangle and the purple rectangle on top of the large brown rectangle.
- Use a crayon to make “z’s” around the bed and glue the oval with the word rest on it to the paper as well.
- Write the following along the bottom of the paper. Day 7: God rested. Genesis 2:2-3
I decided that it would be nice for the kids to have something to take home since I was keeping their main craft to make a book. So, I cut a small black square and wrote the number 7 on one side.
Then we added a small a miniature version of the bed in the craft above and drew a few “z’s” around it..
These crafts are simple ways for the kids to remember the story of creation.
Note: I recently closed my blog Pocketful of Posies and moved all of the posts here. There were a few technical difficulties and many of the pictures in my Pocketful of Posies posts aren’t working. My Sunday School Crafts posts have been my most popular and I am hoping to have the issue fixed very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.