Last week my Sunday school class learned about what happened on day 6 of creation. We learned that God made the animals and people on the 6th day.
Genesis 1: 24-31 were the passages we read. Here’s an excerpt.
Genesis 1:24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so.
To go along with this lesson we made a craft. I chose to focus on God creating the animals because we will talk about the people God created when we learn more about Adam and Eve.
I didn’t have any stickers so I printed out a page for each child that had colorful animals on it. (Here‘s where I found the animal graphics.) Then I cut all of the animals out. As you can tell I didn’t cut them perfectly because it would have taken way too long.
The kids enjoyed gluing the animals onto their papers. My son had some pretty interesting arrangements for them. 🙂
If you would like to make this craft here is what you will need to do.
- Light Blue Construction Paper
- Green Construction Paper
- Brown Construction Paper
- Animal Stickers or Printed Graphics
- Glue Stick
- Pen or Marker
- Cut a strip of the green paper about 1 to 1 1/2 inches wide and cut snips on one long end to make it look like grass.
- Glue the green paper to the bottom of the light blue paper.
- Cut a rectangle from the brown paper to serve as a tree trunk.
- Cut a piece of green paper to serve as the leaves to a tree.
- Glue the tree to the paper.
- Add the animal stickers, or glue on the animal graphics.
- Write the following along the bottom of the paper. Day 6: God made the animals. He made people, too. Genesis 1:24-26
I decided that it would be nice for the kids to have something to take home since I was keeping their main craft to make a book. So, I cut a small light blue square and wrote the number 6 on one side.
Then we added a small strip of green paper for grass like in the craft above and glued on a few of the leftover animals we had.
These crafts are simple ways for the kids to remember the story of creation.
Note: I recently closed my blog Pocketful of Posies and moved all of the posts here. There were a few technical difficulties and many of the pictures in my Pocketful of Posies posts aren’t working. My Sunday School Crafts posts have been my most popular and I am hoping to have the issue fixed very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.