Last week my Sunday school class learned about what happened on day 4 of creation. We talked about how God created the sun, moon, and stars on the 4th day. Genesis 1: 14-19. Then we made a craft to go with the lesson.
I had pre-cut a yellow circle, two white stars, and a white crescent moon.
The kids glued the pieces onto a black piece of construction paper that had a light blue piece of construction paper glued to the left half.
They added yellow and orange “rays” to the yellow circle to make it look more like a sun.
I thought Joseph was pretty creative by turning his stars and moon into a smiley face with a dot of glue in the middle for a nose. 🙂
Here are the details of how to make this craft.
- Light Blue Construction Paper
- Black Construction Paper
- White Construction Paper
- Yellow Construction Paper
- Glue Stick
- Pen or Marker
- Yellow and/or Orange Crayon
- Cut the light blue piece of paper in half.
- Glue the blue paper to the left side of the black piece of construction paper.
- Use the white paper to cut a crescent moon shape and two stars.
- Cut a circle out of the yellow construction paper.
- Glue the yellow circle to the light blue paper.
- Draw “rays” around the circle using the crayon.
- Glue the stars and moon to the black paper.
- Write the following along the bottom of the paper. Day 4: God created the sun, the moon, and the stars. Genesis 1:14-19
I decided that it would be nice for the kids to have something to take home since I was keeping their main craft to make a book. So, I cut a small black square and wrote the number 4 on one side.
On the other side of the square the kids glued on a piece of blue paper on the left side that was half the size of the black square. They glued a yellow circle to the blue side and a star and moon to the black side just like they did in the craft above.
These crafts are simple ways for the kids to remember the story of creation.
Note: I recently closed my blog Pocketful of Posies and moved all of the posts here. There were a few technical difficulties and many of the pictures in my Pocketful of Posies posts aren’t working. My Sunday School Crafts posts have been my most popular and I am hoping to have the issue fixed very soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.