My preschool Sunday school class is crafting through The Jesus Storybook Bible, and this week we read about Abraham & Isaac. Specifically, the fact that God asked Abraham to sacrifice his son Isaac.
I have to admit that it was hard to decide what craft to have the kids make for this story. The topic is a tough one, but I thought the book did a great job of helping the kids understand that Abraham was obedient to God.
The craft I decided upon used the ram because it was a reminder that God rewarded Abraham’s faithfulness by sparing his son.
Genesis 22:13-14 (NIV) Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”
- Ram Printable
- Cotton Balls
- Construction Paper (optional)
- Magnets (optional)
- Print out the ram coloring page and have your child color it and cut it out.
- Optional: Glue the ram to a piece of construction paper.
- Spread glue on the body of the ram and then place cotton balls on the glue.
- Allow the glue to dry.
- Optional: Instead of gluing the ram to a piece of construction paper in step 2, place sticky backed magnets to the back of the ram.
The kids really enjoyed this craft, especially gluing on the cotton balls.
Another alternative would be to cut your child’s handprint out of black construction paper and and draw an eye mouth with a white crayon (be sure to cut out ears, too). Then glue the cotton balls on the body.
I am excited to be part of a Jesus Storybook Bible Blog Hop that My Mundane and Miraculous Life is hosting. Be sure to check out all of the great crafts and activities others have created to go with this wonderful book.