Whenever I cook a turkey I usually use some of the meat to make turkey manhattans. Served with a vegetable like green beans and fruit, this is a meal that includes all of the food groups. Not only that, they are so yummy! 🙂
I don’t even know if this could be considered a recipe. I do make my own gravy which is very easy and is gluten-free as well. This is definitely a great after Thanksgiving meal when you already have all of the ingredients cooked, but we enjoy them at other times, too. Here is my “recipe” for turkey manhattans.
- Cooked Turkey
- Mashed Potatoes
- 2 Cups Turkey Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1-2 Tablespoons Cold Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Heat the turkey and mashed potatoes, if using leftovers.
- In a small pan bring the turkey broth to a boil.
- Add the salt.
- In a small bowl add the cornstarch and enough water to make it able to be poured out of the bowl but not runny.
- Add the cornstarch and water mixture to the pan of turkey broth.
- Use a whisk to combine and continue whisking as you bring it to a boil again.
- Continue boiling until the broth is nice and thick.
- On a plate layer the bread, mashed potatoes, turkey, and finally the gravy.