We are not big fans of casseroles. One reason is that most of the recipes I have seen contain canned soups and other ingredients I either don’t buy or that Joshua is allergic to. However, one day I decided to try to make a healthy and easy casserole using chicken, rice, and broccoli. We decided this recipe was definitely a keeper.
The chicken was moist and the rice and broccoli were flavorful. The best thing about it is that this casserole was easy to prepare and contains only whole food ingredients which are safe for Joshua who has multiple food allergies. I have even frozen an uncooked casserole and baked it with success. I would suggest thawing it in the refrigerator first.
If you would like to try an easy chicken casserole that is also very healthy, give this recipe a try. The last time I made this recipe Janna kept saying, “Mo, I won mo!” which means “More, I want more.” 🙂 I would say this has definitely become one of our family’s favorite meals.
- 6 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Package of Frozen Broccoli (Chopped or Cuts)
- 1 Cup Brown Rice
- 2+ Cups Water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x13 pan, add the rice and water to the bottom.
- Layer the frozen broccoli over the rice.
- Place the chicken on top of the broccoli.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and paprika over the chicken.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Add additional water if rice is too dry.
- Continue baking until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove foil near the end of baking to brown the top of the chicken.