I have a confession to make. I love chocolate. I don’t love it more than my family, but as far as foods go I think it is pretty awesome.
What’s not awesome is that most chocolate contains dairy. Why is that not awesome you ask? Because I have been dairy-free for several months now.
While there are some great tasting dairy-free chocolate options available they can be expensive.
I have been thinking of making a chocolate nut-free variation of my cashew cookie “LÄRABARS” and this summer I did just that.
This recipe contains 4 ingredients and requires no baking or cooking at all. In fact, these coconut brownie bites are “raw”, sugar-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free.
Just in case you missed the title of the post, these brownie bites contain coconut. So, dear sister-in-law of mine, my brother probably won’t eat them. 😉
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
- 3 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 8 oz. Pitted Dates (approx. 30-32 dates)
- 2-3 Tbsp. Water
- Place the coconut and cocoa powder into a food processor.
- Mix thoroughly by processing for a few seconds.
- Add the dates to the food processor.
- Process for 1 or 2 minutes or until the dates have been chopped small.
- Add water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, and process until the mixture clings together and will form a ball when you try to shape it by hand.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- Serve and enjoy.
I really like these brownie bites because they aren’t too sweet and are a healthier way for me to enjoy chocolate. I hope you like the recipe, too.