My kids love play dough. So, when my sister-in-law brought me about 10 boxes of jello that she got for pennies each I decided to use a box to make some play dough.
The strawberry jello I used took the place of food coloring and made the play dough a nice, bright red color. However, it didn’t smell as strongly of strawberries as I thought it might.
Nonetheless, my kids had so much fun with it.
Here’s the recipe.
Jello Play Dough
1 Cup Flour
½ Cup Salt
2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 Box Jello
1 Cup Water
1 tsp. Vegetable Oil
1. Combine flour, salt, cream of tartar, and jello in a pan.
2. In a separate bowl, combine water, oil and food coloring.
3. Add the liquid mixture to the pan with the dry ingredients.
4. Mix well.
5. Cook over low heat for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Remove pan from heat when mixture forms a ball and isn’t clinging to the sides of the pan.
7. Take dough from pan and knead on a floured surface until it is soft and smooth.
8. Store in an airtight container or zippered bag.
If you like to make play dough then you should check out my play dough recipes ebook for even more great recipes.