I decided to make some things for Julia today from some fleece I got recently online. I made a pair of pants (a pattern I drafted) for her and used an old t-shirt of mine to make the waistband. I had a few issues trying to do this. I thought I would like it better than elastic, but I had to take it off and make it smaller. I guess I picked a shirt with too much stretch. However, I do love the concept and will try again with something else soon.
Here is a picture of Julia showing off her new outfit. The outfit is far from perfect. She loves it though and wore the poncho after her bath tonight. Thanks for looking.