A couple of months ago I made some chicken pasta alfredo, and everyone loved it so much that it has been requested several times. In fact, it is what I am fixing for supper tonight.
I based the recipe off of one I found at Budget Savvy Diva, but I made enough changes that I feel like I can call it my own.
I am definitely not an Italian cooking aficionado, but this meal was a crowd pleaser and that is good enough for me. 🙂
- 1 (12 ounce) Box Bow Tie Pasta
- Water (to cook pasta)
- 6 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1¾ Cups Milk
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- 1-2 Cups Shredded Chicken
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In another pan melt the butter.
- Add the garlic to the melted butter and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in the milk, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cheese.
- Stir frequently until the cheese has melted and sauce is almost boiling.
- Remove sauce from heat.
- Drain the pasta and add the shredded chicken.
- Pour the alfredo sauce over the pasta and chicken.
- Let stand for a few minutes and then serve.
If you don't have any minced garlic you can substitute ¼ tsp. of garlic powder.
This recipe could be made using gluten-free pasta.