I have always loved chocolate no-bake cookies. A few years ago, when Joshua was diagnosed with allergies, I decided to alter my grandma’s recipe to meet my son’s need to have a safe and tasty cookie.
While I have a butter substitute that we like, I chose to use extra virgin coconut oil instead. The cookies taste so good with the coconut oil that my husband prefers my version to regular no-bakes. 🙂
I do suggest extra virgin coconut oil because it has a coconut taste to it. I buy Nutiva extra virgin coconut oil because we really like both the quality and taste.
Here’s my recipe.
- ¼ Cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Rice Milk*
- ⅓ Cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Sunbutter**
- 3 Cups Gluten Free Oats
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Mix cocoa powder, milk, coconut oil, and sugar in a pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove pan from heat and add peanut butter.
- Stir in the oats and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Drop the mixture by spoonfuls onto waxed paper lined baking sheets.
- Allow to cool and serve.
* If peanut or nut allergies are not an issue then one of those would be an alternative to Sunbutter.
This post contains an affiliate link. Thanks for supporting this site.