Today is my 5th blogiversary.
The 5th anniversary of the first blog post I ever wrote.
Yeah, I totally just had a conversation with myself. I thought it might help add to my post. It just made me seem weird? That’s alright. I am kind of strange.
Quite frankly, we bloggers have to be a little strange to write about our lives, hobbies, etc. and assume that there are people who actually read and care about what we write.
I am not sure if you have ever looked back at any of my old posts, but my very first post was written on August 2, 2007. I had just come home from my mid-pregnancy ultrasound with Joseph and thought I would start a blog. The title of my first post was “ultrasound“.
Things have changed a lot around here since then; hopefully, for the better.
Sometimes I wonder what keeps me writing several posts a week. It isn’t for fame, money, or glory. If that was my motivation I wouldn’t be writing this post at all.
No, I write because it’s therapeutic for me. I have 5 children. I live out in the country. Days can go by when I don’t see anyone outside of the 6 people who live in this house with me. When I write a blog post I can connect with people outside of my little corner of the world.
So, thanks for reading what I write. You make my day when you leave a comment or like something I have posted on Facebook.
Since the title of this post is “10 Random Things About Me”, I better get on with it. Without further ado…
10 Random Things About Me (AKA: 10 Things You Didn’t Know You Didn’t Know About Me)
1. I had a cat named “Rainbow” for 17 years. I called her “Rainbow” because she was three (brown, black, & white) colors. I used to put makeup on her and put clothes on her. I loved that cat.
2. I think toilet paper should come off the roll over the top.
3. Before my brother was born, I had imaginary friends named Juggle, Susie, and Mark.
4. I prefer crunchy peanut butter over creamy. I often eat it as a snack mixed with either honey or chocolate chips but not both at the same time.
5. I got sick on my honeymoon. I barely remember walking around Epcot and slept through our last evening at Disney World.
6. I once received a letter from Harvard asking me to consider playing basketball for them.
7. According to Netflix I like to watch “Romantic British Period Pieces with Strong Female Leads”.
8. I like to eat the clumps of brown sugar from the bag. It’s like finding buried treasure.
9. I put together a tunnel slide for my kids on Sunday. (I had a little help from James and my mom.) It was hot out and there were about 1 million nuts and bolts, but I got it done. And, I have a picture to prove it.
Well, the picture doesn’t actually prove anything more than that I was standing near something that was big and yellow. You’ll just have to trust me, I guess.
10. I am 6’1″ without shoes. My husband is 5’9″ with shoes. After our first date I told my mom I didn’t want to go out with him again because he was so short. She told me that if he asked me out again I should go. 16 1/2 years of marriage and 5 kids later I guess it must have been pretty good advice. Thanks, Mom!
Thank you for joining me on this journey and allowing me to be so random. I would love it if you left me a comment so I know you are out there. Maybe tell me something random about yourself or if there is anything on my list you can relate to.