Last week I picked 5 large heads of broccoli from my garden. I ended up with 2 gallon freezer bags full of broccoli. Here is the process I used to get the broccoli from the garden to the freezer.
1. Grow some broccoli.
2. Pick the aforementioned broccoli.
3. Cut the broccoli into pieces by cutting the stems.
4. Wash the broccoli.
5. Place the broccoli into a pan of boiling water for a few minutes. This is called blanching.
6. Remove broccoli from pan and place into a colander. Rinse with cold water and drain.
7. Arrange the broccoli in a single layer on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for a few hours.
8. Place frozen broccoli into freezer bags.
Freezing your garden harvests is easy. Be watching for more freezing and canning tutorials as the summer progresses.