I. Love. Strawberries!
Sometimes, if I eat too many, my tongue feels funny.
However, that doesn’t deter me from eating them, but it does remind me to slow down a little. 🙂
I am looking forward to strawberry season and hopefully, in a few weeks, we will be able to go strawberry picking.
Today I wanted to share a recipe that I concocted a few years ago.
I am not sure how you really make sorbet, but I chose to call this recipe strawberry sorbet.
It is so tasty and fulfills my need for a cold treat because ice cream (and most dairy) and I don’t really get along anymore.
- 5 Cups of Puréed Strawberries
- 2 Cups Sugar
- Mix the strawberry purée and the sugar thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a glass dish.
- Place dish in freezer.
- Once frozen, allow to thaw slightly before serving.
- Alternative: Pour mixture into individual serving dishes before freezing.
I prefer to use natural sugar in place of traditional refined white sugar.